ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BAMBOO

BAMBOO: THE MAGIC GRASS

Known as the world’s fasted growing and most sustainable plant, bamboo is naturally pest-resistant, 100% biodegradable, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and grows more than 3 feet each day. Moreover, it also produces 30% more oxygen and absorbs more carbon dioxide than an equivalent area of trees!

  

  

Not only it can be harvested in a significantly shorter amount of time than most commercial plant species, but the bamboo plant is also naturally regenerative. It doesn't need any pesticides or much of the water to grow. A hardwood tree can take 30 to 50 years to reach a harvestable age, whereas bamboo matures within 3-4 years and can sustainably keep up with the growing demand for goods, making it a plant that could shape our future. 

  • Naturally pest-resistant, which means no pesticides needed to grow it
  • Helps rebuild eroded soil
  • Antibacterial
  • Anti-fungal
  • Requires no irrigation
  • Rarely needs replanting
  • Requires far less water than similar plants (e.g., cotton)
  • Regrows to its adult plant size in 3 to 5 years (it can grow up to 3 feet in 1 day)
  • Absorbs five times more carbon dioxide than similar plants
  • Produces 30% more oxygen than similar plants

    THE NEED FOR BAMBOO

    [image courtesy: a_different_prospective]

    Single-Use plastic products and plastic waste are one of the biggest threats to the existence of ecosystems and our planet! Every year, over 300 billion plastic is created universally, out of which only 9 percent gets recycled or reused! It means the remaining 91 percent that’s just used once, ends up in landfills, oceans, river, woodlands, in the gut of animals, marine lives or sometimes up a turtle’s nose, and will NEVER decompose!

    BAMBOO FOR A BETTER TOMORROW 

    Bamboo is earth-friendly, 100% bio-degradable, and a much-anticipated alternative to plastic for making the quality products that we need. With a 25 times higher yield than a comparable stand of trees, this renewable plant offers exceptional strength, versatility. It can be used to create a variety of products, including straws, clothing, paper, dinnerware, mugs, cups, handbags, etc.

    Bamboo products are not only aesthetically pleasing and beautiful but also durable, long-lasting, reusable, and nature-friendly. Once the product reaches the end of its life cycle, you can easily dispose of them in the compost heap, where they will break down and decompose naturally, giving conscious consumers the real peace of mind. 

    Bambouri firmly believes that every one of us can make a real difference, simply by making lifestyle changes. We provide a wide range of handcrafted products made with ethically framed, organic bamboo. 

    Replace your plastics with reusable, naturally conscious Bambouri Products and reduce your footprint, today.